A recent Deloitte study shows that the patient experience is now associated with higher profit margins at hospitals. But how can providers improve the patient experience?
AccuReg pioneered the Patient Access Experience® over a decade ago, and we’ve seen firsthand how a positive patient impression at registration extends into the clinical experience.
How well your organization completes this process directly impacts the happiness of your patients, patient survey scores, repeat patients and positive referrals – all of which lead to higher profits.
This is when the hospital has the opportunity to not just complete the registration process, but also estimate and collect payment while ensuring complete and accurate information is collected to prevent payer denials.
Standardize and Automate Front-End Processes for a Better Registration Experience
Patient registration requires multiple types of data, and relies on registrars to make the right decisions for your patients. Automating this process makes it faster for patients and helps prevent payer denials.
- Order Manager – Accelerate real-time patient scheduling with an online portal that captures CPT codes, patient demographics, and insurance policy information.
- Patient Scheduling – Notifies physicians as soon as the procedure is scheduled and creates a scheduled patient account.
- Pre-Registration – Completes the entire registration process prior to patient arrival and allows the registrar to confirm the patient appointment and obtain up-front payment.
- Patient Arrival – Turns the patient arrival into a fast, secure, and positive experience with check-in kiosks, biometric identity verification, patient surveys, and a patient wait time tracker.
- Patient Registration – Alerts the registrar to any missing information and ensures the claim is accurate and complete prior to payer submission.
For more information about the Patient Access Experience® and how AccuReg can help improve your hospital’s profitability, click here!