In the last few years, payment liability has shifted from payers to patients and, as a result, hospitals are struggling to collect full and prompt payments.
Patient Access workers want to provide the best care possible, regardless of a patient’s financial situation. If you understand a patient’s financial circumstances, you are in a position to determine the best course of action to deliver that care.
However, if you fail to accurately identify a patient’s ability and willingness to pay before services are delivered, your healthcare facility will continue to write off more and more bad debt every year.
AccuReg’s Financial Assistance Screening uses propensity-to-pay analytics to identify patients that would benefit from additional financial outreach before they leave your facility. You’ll be able to quickly determine if the registrar should attempt to collect the patient’s payment, offer a payment plan, convert to charity care or offer financial assistance.
AccuReg also guides staff in how to handle the account in compliance with your internal financial assistance policies.
Here is what you get with the AccuReg Financial Assistance Screening Solution:
- Patient ability-to-pay segmentation screening
- Approved discounts, payment terms and loans
- Pre-screening for presumptive charity and eligibility
- Consistent application of financial assistance policies
- Automated workflow in compliance with 501(r)
- Improved collections through accurate classification of accounts
- Higher patient satisfaction as the result of fair payment plans