Decrease Medical Necessity Denials and Write-Offs With Real-Time Screening and Alerts
AccuReg ABN Manager is the intelligent patient access solution that helps you reduce medical necessity-related denials. With daily updates to medical necessity rules for Medicare and other commercial payers, our automated medical necessity software alerts your patient access staff when ABN (Advance Beneficiary Notice) is required.
Provide Your Team With a Simple, Systematic Approach to Validating Medical Necessity
AccuReg Integrated Intelligence™ enables ABN Manager to access a data feed of scheduling information, automatically check procedure codes and diagnostic codes, then notify the registrar when an ABN is required. You can also perform manual checks with user-friendly coding tools.
Learn More About Medical Necessity
“The customer service is wonderful. Sometimes I am not even sure of what I am really wanting, (how to suggest an edit or something along those lines) and they figure out a solution for me!”
Greater Regional Medical Center
How AccuReg ABN Manager Works For You
- Custom ABN forms: When an ABN form is required, a form with estimated costs is automatically generated
- High-priority ABN alerts: If a required ABN form is not obtained by the end of registration, the registrar receives an alert and an automated email and/or text notification is sent to the designated registrar
- A library of medical necessity rules for Medicare and other commercial payers is automatically updated daily
- NCDs and LCDs: A comprehensive database contains National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) and Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
- Inpatient only warnings: Alerts registrars of procedures that are only allowed for inpatients
- Frequency warnings: Alerts registrars of procedures that are only covered a certain number of times in a given time frame
- Custom code aliases: Provides user-friendly coding tools that make it easy for non-coders to check for medical necessity